Practice and Patients’ Agreement
What we will do for you and what you can do to help us.
The Medical Practice
- You will be treated with courtesy, respect and confidentiality.
- Urgent problems will be seen the same day by whichever doctor is available.
- The practice will try to minimise the wait for routine appointments.
- We will ensure that the practice is fully accessible to the disabled.
- Whenever possible you will be seen by the doctor of your choice for routine appointments.
- You will be seen as near to your appointment time as possible.
- The practice will inform you of the services we provide, how to access them and information to help you be healthy.
- We will process repeat prescriptions within two working days.
- You have a responsibility to treat us with equal courtesy and respect.
- Only request an urgent appointment when you feel it medically necessary.
- If you cannot keep your appointment please let us know as soon as possible so that someone else may use it.
- Please try to be flexible in choosing appointment times so that you can see the doctor of your choice.
- Routine appointments are booked at 10 minute intervals and urgent appointments are booked at five minute intervals.
- The surgery has the best facilities and you get the best care if we can see you here.
- A prescription is not always helpful. Your pharmacist can give help and advice about medicines.